The open-air, full-control appeal of a motorcycle is the same reason that these types of accidents almost always end in injury or death. With nothing surrounding a rider to protect them on impact, even the slowest moving motorcycle crash can result in life-changing injuries for the rider. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a Georgia motorcycle crash, you need to get in touch with Evans Injury Attorneys ASAP. It only takes one call to hire the law firm that will work hard to get you the most money possible following your accident. Call NOW.
Common Motorcycle Injuries
Whether you skid off your bike, fall on your side or get ejected—it is almost impossible to walk away from a motorcycle accident without injuries. Some of the most common motorcycle injuries include:
- Skin injuries: Road rash is the general term for when a rider slides across the road after getting ejected from his or her bike in an accident. While thick protective clothing can do a lot to limit skin injuries, some instances the road rash is so intense it causes lasting nerve damage.
- Leg and feet injuries: The weight of heavy machinery landing on a riders’ lower body following a crash can cause a range of injuries, including broken bones. Leg and feet injuries are one of the most common motorcycle injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Ranging from a mild concussion to internal brain bleeding, TBI is another common motorcycle injury crash victim suffer. While helmets can greatly help save a life and help protect your brain, the impact of a crash can still cause some level of TBI. A recent study by the NHTSA found that 21% of unhelmeted and 15% of helmeted riders suffer from some level of TBI in a crash.
- Neck and back injuries: Just like in a car accident, the sudden jolt of impact is unnatural on the body and causes neck and back issues that can last a lifetime, including whiplash and spinal cord injuries.
- Emotional: When trying to feel better following any personal injury accident, don’t neglect your emotional healing. Motorcycle accidents can cause PTSD, anxiety and depression to name a few common emotional injuries.
Winning A Motorcycle Accident Case
How do you get the most money possible following your Atlanta motorcycle accident? That is always the goal of any personal injury or wrongful death case we take on, and even the most obvious cases are hard fought by the other side, always. When filing a motorcycle lawsuit, we are usually filing a claim against the other party or parties responsible for the accident. In some scenarios, a city (i.e. bad roads) or a motorcycle manufacturer (i.e. faulty part) can be held individually or collectively responsible for the accident as well. Here are some important things to know about winning your Atlanta motorcycle accident case:
- Doctors & other medical professionals: You need to see a doctor if you have been injured in a bike crash, and you probably need to see more than one. Not only will these important doctors’ visits help you feel better fatser but it will also get all of your injuries professionally diagnosed which is extremely important for showing that you were, in fact, injured in an accident. Failure to see a doctor or long delays in a visit give the opposing side in your case arguments to minimize your injuries.
- Statute of limitations: You can’t win your motorcycle accident case if you don’t file one! These things are not automatic—you need to call us and you need to do it sooner than later. The general statute of limitations for Georgia motorcycle personal injury and wrongful death cases is two years which means that something needs to be filed during that two-year time frame or you lose the chance to make a civil claim for money.
- Your recollection: What do you remember about the accident? And how did you feel after? Your recollection of the crash and your struggle to recover is a really important piece of firsthand evidence that shows just how deeply you were impacted and injured in your motorcycle accident. So write it down sooner than later!
- Comparative negligence: Georgia is a pure comparative negligence state so if you played a less than 50% role in your accident, you can still file a winning lawsuit. Obviously, these cases get much more complicated when there is disputed liability, but they can still be worth a lot of money!
- Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer: When you have been injured in an Atlanta motorcycle accident, you want to make sure that you have Evans Injury Attorneys on your side working hard to win your case. Don’t think you can afford us? Of course you can because we take all our cases on a contingency fee arrangement so you pay nothing unless we get you paid.
Atlanta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
When you hire Evans Injury Attorneys to handle your Atlanta motorcycle accident, you hire a law firm that has the experience and winning track record you want fighting to get you the most money possible. Hiring us is as easy as one phone call and we are ready to get started today.